So friends today we will discuss about a most important thing instead of coding.Most of time,most frequently asked question arises in our mind that what can we do with python.So in this tutorial we will see what is python, why we learn it and what can you do with python.And now welcome to this awesome tutorial What Can You Do With Python .
As we know there are many languages are already present in computer world as well as new languages are emerging too.That’s why our mind get stucks what language should we learn and what is the scope of that particular language.But in this post i will only talk about python.So let’s get started to explore this informative tutorial.
Python is a most popular programming language in today’s IT world.So if we ask the question like this ‘What can I do with Python?’ — Then the answer will be “Everything”. That means it is not limited only with a particular domain,it has a vast scope in various fields.For example – Web Development, Hacking, Data analysis, Machine learning, Game development web scraping and many more.Further we will see what are various options, that can be done with python.But before proceeding ahead we will see the basic information of python.
What is Python ?
- Python is an interpreted High Level programming Language.
- It is designed for general purpose.
- Python was created by Guido van Rossum and first released in 1991.
- It supports many programming paradigm such as object-oriented, procedural, imperative, functional and reflective.
- Python is an extremely versatile language.
How The Name Python Came ?
The story behind the name of Python is very funny.Guido initially thought that the Unix/C hackers to be the target users of his project. And more importantly, he was fond of watching the famous comedy series [The Monty Python’s Flying Circus]. Thus, the name Python struck his mind as not only has it appealed to his taste but also to his target users.
Reasons to learn python
- python offers a steeping stone into the world of programming.
- Easy to learn and easy to read.
- No programming skill required.
- Big open source and newest trends.
- Big libraries for many things.
- Great for validating ideas for your company’s product.
- Portable and extensible.
- Popularity and high salary.
- It is a most demanding programming language in IT industry.
Python Users Companies
Now-a-days many companies are using python.And adopting of python are increasing day by day.The below picture shows us who are using python –
We can see most popular companies are using python and now we can clearly analyze popularity and demands of python.
Also Read-Best Python Frameworks To Learn In 2018
What Can You Do With Python – Let’s Start
So now we will discuss about the obvious question – What Can You Do With Python ? Because of python supports multiple paradigms other than usual functional and object-oriented, including structured, imperative and aspect-oriented programming it is so easy to onboard for any kind of engineer with existing expertise in any kind of development. Let’s gets start the various domains where python is applied.
- The most popular use of python is web development.
- you can use python to create web applications on many levels of complexity.
- There are many excellent python web frameworks including Django, Pyramids, Flask etc.
- These frameworks provide essential features to illuminate tasks that are related to content management, accessing backend database, and handling network protocols like HTTP, SMTP, XML-RPC, FTP, and POP.
Most Popular Python Web applications
- You Tube
- Yahoo Maps
There is lots of data today generating not only by people but also by computers, phones and other devices.Everything from pictures, music, words, spreadsheets, videos and more.It doesn’t look like it’s going to slow down anytime soon .Machine Learning brings the promise of deriving meaning from all of that data.
- Machine Learning is “The science of getting computers to act without being explicitly programmed(Andrew Ng, Stanford/coursera) “.
- It is a field of computer science that uses algorithms to learn from data and make prediction.
- Practically, this means that we can feed data into an algorithm, and use it to make predictions about what might happen in the future.
- For eg.as we see always, whenever we search any thing in Amazon or like these sites, the ads related to these searches appears whenever we search anything on internet.The concept behind this is machine learning.
- Python is a most appropriate language for machine learning.
- Libraries- Scikit-Learn, NLTK and TensorFlow are the wonderful libraries for machine learning.
- Python is also good for game development.
- A major advantage of using Python for game development is that the language is very easy to learn .
- Game development in python is a pretty easier task than doing the same in another languages.
- We can make simple 2D games using images and simple rendering as well as can make 3D games.
- Libraries : Tkinter, Pygame and PyOpenGl are the libraries which help a lot in this game development.
- PyOpenGL is one of the most awesome libraries for developing 3D games.
- Pygame applications can run on android devices.
Computer vision is an exciting discipline in computer science. Research has been concerned with the topic for decades, but only with the latest developments in big data and artificial intelligence has it been possible to create stunning new applications. So the python is one of the important language for computer vision.
- We can do many interesting things such as face detection, color detection etc.
- The most popular library for computer vision is OpenCV.
- If you need to grab data from a website but the site does not have an API to expose data, you can use python for scraping data.
- Libraries : Requests, Beautifulsoup, selenium, lxml, scrapy.
- Raspberry Pi is a very tiny and affordable computer which was developed for education.
- It has gained enormous popularity among hobbyist with do-it-yourself hardware and automation.
- You can even built a robot and automate your home.
- Raspberry Pi can be used as a brain for your robot in order to perform various actions and/or react to the environment.
- The coding on Raspberry Pi can be performed using python.
- The possibilities are endless.
- Python is very useful to do some cool stuffs such as browser automation.
- By using python you can post status in facebook and other social media.
- You can directly login with your social media account in any websites.
- Selenium is a most popular library for browser automation.
- Simple syntax, modular architecture, rich text processing tools and the ability to work on multiple operating systems that makes python a desirable choice for developing desktop-based applications.
- Libraries : wxPython, Tkinter, PyQt or PyGtk are the important libraries that helps developers to create a highly functional and user friendly GUI applications.
- Python is a leading language for many data scientists.
- It is well suited for data manipulation and analysis.
- From years academic scholars, python researchers are using the MATLAB language for scientific research.
- Python also deals with tabular, matrix as well as statistical data.
- So imaginate guys, you have large amount of data let’s say Terabytes to Petabytes of data, and using python you can easily gain insight of it.
- Libraries : NumPy, Pandas, matplotlib, Seaborn.
Now we will discuss about the most popular thing of Technical world that is AI.
- AI is a broader concept of machine being able to carried out tasks in the way we consider smart and hence can also boost up the overall productivity of a company by saving of time and money.
- And all these achieved using python.
- AI needs a lot of research and hence it is necessary not to require a 500 KB boilerplate code in Java to test a new hypothesis, which will never finish the project.
- In Python almost every idea can be quickly validated through 20-30 lines of code (same for JS with libs). Therefore, it is a pretty useful language for the sake of AI.
- Libraries and Frameworks : TensorFlow, Torch, Keras, Theano, Caffe, Accor.Net, SparkMLlib etc.
- You all are already familiar with big data,the importance of big data doesn’t revolve around how much data you have, but what you do with it.
- Big data is data sets that are so big and complex that traditional data-processing application software are inadequate to deal with them.
- Big data challenges include capturing data, data storage, data analysis, search, sharing, transfer, visualization, querying,updating, information privacy and data source.
- Consequently in the current era of big data, python is getting more popularity due to its easy-to-use features which supports big data processing and analytic process.
- Python has very rich modules for big data.
- Libraries : PYDOOP, DASK and PySpark are the standard libraries of python that are used for big data.
Most of us often think that, can we make mobile apps using python? If this question was asked earlier then the answer might had been no, but currently the technologies are growing rapidly as a result we can build mobile apps using python.
- There are two python frameworks that are used for creating mobile apps.
- Kivy : an open-source Python library for developing cross-platform GUI applications. It allows you to write pure-Python graphical applications that run on the main desktop platforms (Windows, Linux, and macOS) and on iOS & Android.
- BeeWare : It is the second Python GUI and mobile development framework . It offers you a set of tools and an abstraction layer you can use to write native-looking mobile and desktop applications using Python.
Mobile Applications Written in Python
- Aarlogic C05/3 – Ready to use GSM /GPS tracking PCB with Python development on board with support of test server based on Google Maps.
- AppBackup – an app for jailbroken iOS devices that lets one back-up and restore settings and data from App Store apps.
- Pyroute – a GPS-capable mapping/routing application for mobile devices.
So ,That’s all for What Can You Do With Python Tutorial. I am pretty sure now your all confusion about python has been solved.So learn python and build a bright career in this amazing language.Best of Luck for all those who are going to boost up their innovations with python.So guys please share this marvellous post as much as possible.Thanks.